Marisa Abela Gesang

Marisa Abela: Excited for Fans to Hear Her Take on Amy Winehouse

Exclusive Interview with PEOPLE

Abela Shares Her Thoughts on the Legendary Singer

British actress Marisa Abela, known for her roles in "Industry" and "Cobra Kai," has expressed her excitement for fans to hear her take on the iconic singer Amy Winehouse in the upcoming biopic "Back to Black." In an exclusive interview with PEOPLE, Abela shared her thoughts on embodying such a beloved and influential figure.

"I'm so excited for people to hear my take on Amy," said Abela. "She was such a unique and talented artist, and I've tried to capture her essence and her spirit in my performance. I hope fans will enjoy it."

The biopic, directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson, follows Winehouse's rise to fame and her struggles with addiction and personal demons. Abela believes that the film will shed light on Winehouse's legacy and help fans better understand her complexities.

"I think this film is important because it tells Amy's story in a way that's honest and compassionate," said Abela. "It shows both the highs and lows of her life, and I hope it will help people understand her better as a person and as an artist."

"Back to Black" is set to be released in UK cinemas on April 9, 2024.


No comments :

Post a Comment